- Radiation Information Network. Idaho State University's radiation web site.
- IEM Inc. Integrated Environmental Management. Radiation safety and environmental consulting.
- RadSafe Mailing List. Subscribe to this listserver to get daily Q's & A's on issues of current interest to the radiation protection profession.
Nuclear Related Sites
Federal and California Regulations
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
U.S. Department of Energy
Environmental Radiation Protection
- Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment. The Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, authorizes DOE to protect the health and safety of the public against radiation. It is the Department's objective to operate its facilities and conduct activities so that radiation exposures to members of the public and the environment are maintained as low as is reasonably achievable (ALARA), within limits established in DOE O 458.1, Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment.
- Policies, Standards and Guidance Related to Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment. DOE policies, standards and guidance that supports or helps implement DOE O 458.1, Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment.
- DOE Order 5400.5. Radiation Protection of the Public & the Environment. DOE source. Superseded by DOE O 458.1
- DOE Order O 458.1. Radiation Protection of the Public and Environment. Supersedes DOE Order 5400.5. It establishes requirements to protect the public and the environment against undue risk from radiation associated with radiological activities conducted under the control of the DOE pursuant to the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended.. DOE source.
- DOE-STD-1196-2011. Derived Concentration Technical Standard. This standard supports the implementation of DOE Order 458.1, Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment. It also establishes the numerical values of DCSs in a manner reflecting the current state of knowledge and practice in radiation protection. DOE source.
- DOE-STD-1153-2002. A Graded Approach for Evaluating Radiation Doses to Aquatic and Terrestrial Biota. This technical standard provides methods, models, and guidance within a graded approach that the DOE and its contractors may use to evaluate doses of ionizing radiation to populations of aquatic animals, terrestrial plants, and terrestrial animals from DOE activities for the purpose of demonstrating protection relative to Dose Rate Guidelines. DOE source.
- 10 CFR 834 (Draft). Radiation Protection of the Public and Environment. ORAU source.
Occupational Radiation Protection
- DOE G 441.1-XX (Draft). Control & Release of Property with Residual Radioactive Material. DOE source.
- Deactivation & Decommissioning Knowledge Management Information Tool (D&D KM-IT). The Deactivation and Decommissioning Knowledge Management Information Tool (D&D KM-IT) serves as a centralized repository providing a common interface for all D&D related activities. It assists users in gathering, analyzing, storing and sharing knowledge and information within the D&D community. This approach assists in reducing the need to rediscover the knowledge of the past while capturing the new knowledge and experiences gained during D&D operations resulting in enhanced worker safety, schedule efficiencies, and overall reduction of technical risk.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- USEPA Radiation Protection Division.
- OSWER 9200.4-18. Establishment of Cleanup Levels for CERCLA Sites with Radioactive Contamination. August 1997.
- EPA 402-R-96-011A. Technical Support Document for the Development of Radionuclide Cleanup Levels for Soil. September 1994.
- Preliminary Remediation Goals (PRG). Soil cleanup levels based on theoretical 1E-6 risk level.
OSWER 9355.01-83A. Distribution of OSWER Radionuclide Preliminary Remediation Goals (PRGs) for Superfund Electronic Calculator.
- Dose Compliance Concentrations (DCC). Soil cleanup levels based on 1 mrem/y dose level.
OSWER 9355.0-86A. Distribution of OSWER Radionuclide ARAR Dose Compliance Concentrations (DCCs) for Superfund Electronic Calculator.
- Buiding Preliminary Remediation Goals (BPRG). Interior building cleanup goals based on theoretical 1E-6 risk level.
- Building Dose Compliance Concentrations (BDCC). Interior building cleanup goals based on 1 mrem/y dose level.
- Surface Preliminary Remediation Goals (SPRG). Exterior hard surface cleanup goals based on theoretical 1E-6 risk level.
- Surface Dose Compliance Concentrations (SDCC). Exterior hard surface cleanup goals based on 1 mrem/y dose level.
- MARSSIM. Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual
- MARLAP. Multi-Agency Radiation Laboratory Analytical Protocols
- MARSAME. Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Assessment of Materials and Equipment. Release of materials and equipment using MARSSIM-type protocols.
- Radiaton Cancer Risk Modeling. EPA cancer isk modeling utilizing the Blue book and FRG 13.
- Federal Radiation Protection Guidance. EPA's Federal Guidance for Radiation Ptotection
- Risk Assessmment.
EPA uses risk assessment to characterize the nature and magnitude of health risks to humans and ecological receptors from chemical contaminants and other stressors, that may be present in the environment.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
U.S. Government Accountability Office
Inter-Agency Steering Committee on Radiation Standards (ISCORS)
National Academies Press
California Department of Public Health
California - Environmental Protection Agency (Cal-EPA)